email@example.com | lukedav.is | github.com/lukerobert | (303) 478 2957 | Cambridge, MA
🏢 Experience 🏢
Sr. Data Scientist | February 2019 - Present | Cambridge, MA
- Led audits of web log event and sales data, using DBT to implement transformations and schemas. Used custom user pathing analytics to guide company-wide strategy on A/B testing metrics and prioritization.
- Created internal data strategy, tooling (R and Python packages), best practices, documentation, skills matrix, and hiring process.
- Worked with senior leadership to build and present organization’s revenue forecasts, informing overall planning and board communications.
Sr. Data Scientist | February 2018 - January 2019 | Boston, MA
- Created the Publicis Analytics Environment, the data science platform for hundreds of data scientists across the 60,000 employee Publicis Groupe.
- Led international trainings on the environment and developed documentation.
Sr. Data Scientist | January 2016 - January 2018 | Boston, MA
- Created a ticket price optimization tool for School of Rock using a customized ensemble model to predict sales and profit. Presented directly to top-level executives.
- Winner of Rookie of the Year award across 200-person analytics department.
ACLU of Massachusetts (pro-bono)
- Co-led data analysis in CPCS v. Attorney General, helping secure dismissals of thousands of convictions arising from tainted evidence.
🏫 Education 🏫
Carnegie Mellon University
BS in Psychology | September 2009 - May 2013 | Pittsburgh, PA
- Coursework in machine learning, data visualization, and experimental design
✨ Skills ✨
|R and R package development
||Python, pandas, object-oriented design
|Big data tools (Spark, Hive, SQL)
||Machine learning (scikitlearn, SparkML)
|Unix command line / Linux, Git, Docker
||AWS tools (S3, EC2, EMR, Redshift, Athena)