email@example.com | lukedav.is | github.com/lukerobert | (303) 478 2957 | Cambridge, MA
🏢 Experience 🏢
Sr. Data Scientist | February 2019 - Present | Cambridge, MA
- Analyze complex feature roll-outs on a site with over 13 million monthly visits.
- Use custom site analytics to guide A/B testing strategy in Optimizely.
- Build and present company-wide revenue forecasts.
- Lead data science team processes, establishing data strategy, team tooling, data documentation, hiring processes, and team skills matrix.
- Design architecture of site analytics and user data, using DBT to codify and document standard transformations and schemas.
Sr. Data Scientist | February 2018 - January 2019 | Boston, MA
- Built the Publicis Analytics Environment, the data science platform for hundreds of data scientists across the 60,000-employee Publicis Groupe.
- Led international trainings on the environment and developed documentation.
- Created customer segmentation models at scale using Spark ML and AWS EC2.
Sr. Data Scientist | January 2016 - January 2018 | Boston, MA
- Created a ticket price optimization tool for School of Rock used in production pricing.
- Led advanced R trainings for 40-person data science team and introductory sessions for non-technical collaborators.
- Winner of Rookie of the Year award across 200-person analytics department.
ACLU of Massachusetts (pro-bono)
- Co-led data analysis in CPCS v. Attorney General, helping secure dismissals of thousands of convictions arising from tainted evidence.
🏫 Education 🏫
Carnegie Mellon University
- Completed a BS in Psychology with coursework in machine learning, data visualization, and experimental design.
✨ Skills ✨
|R and R package development
||Experienced Python developer
|Big data tools (Spark, Hive, SQL)
||Site analytics + web behavior data
|Unix command line, Git, Docker
||AWS (S3, EC2, EMR, Redshift, Athena)